1.1.0rc1 tagged

Jarrod Millman
Please test the release candidate:
svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/tags/1.1.0rc1 1.1.0rc1

Also please review the release notes:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.1.0

I am going to ask Chris and David to create Windows and Mac binaries,
which I hope they will have time to create ASAP.

Sorry that it has taken me so long, I am on vacation with my family
and am having a difficult time getting on my computer.

Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley
phone: 510.643.4014
http://cirl.berkeley.edu/

Re: 1.1.0rc1 tagged

Andrew Straw
Jarrod Millman wrote:
> Please test the release candidate:
> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/tags/1.1.0rc1 1.1.0rc1

Thanks, Jarrod.

I have packaged SVN trunk from r5189 and made a Debian source package
(based on a slightly old version the Debian Python Modules Team's numpy
package with all patches removed) and Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) binary
packages. These are available at:

http://debs.astraw.com/hardy/

In particular, you can just grab the .deb for your architecture for
Ubuntu Hardy:

 * i386:
http://debs.astraw.com/hardy/python-numpy_1.1.0~dev5189-0ads1_i386.deb
 * amd64:
http://debs.astraw.com/hardy/python-numpy_1.1.0~dev5189-0ads1_amd64.deb

All numpy, tests pass on both architectures in my hands, and I shall
begin testing my various codes with this release. Other Ubunteers who
don't want to bother compiling from source are also welcome to try these
packages.

(I chose the trunk rather than the RC tag because my understanding is
that fixes to the final 1.1.0 are going to the trunk, and David
Cournapeau has made a couple commits. Also, I released after I packaged
this up that I forgot to touch the date in debian/changelog -- apologies!)

-Andrew

Re: 1.1.0rc1 tagged

Neal Becker
Jarrod Millman wrote:

> Please test the release candidate:
> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/tags/1.1.0rc1 1.1.0rc1
>
> Also please review the release notes:
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.1.0
>
> I am going to ask Chris and David to create Windows and Mac binaries,
> which I hope they will have time to create ASAP.
>
> Sorry that it has taken me so long, I am on vacation with my family
> and am having a difficult time getting on my computer.
>
> Thanks,

Built OK on Fedora F9 x86_64 using
 ['lapack', 'f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']

Used rpmbuild with slightly modified version of fedora 9 spec file.

Re: 1.1.0rc1 tagged

David Huard
Ticket 793 has a patch, submitted by Alan McIntyre, waiting for review from someone C-API-wise.

Cheers,

David