1.14.5 bugfix release

mattip
If there is a desire to do a bug-fix release 1.14.5 I would like to try my hand at releasing it, using doc/RELEASE_WALKTHROUGH.rst.txt. There were a few issues around compiling 1.14.4 on alpine and NetBSD.
Since 1.15 will probably be released soon, do we continue to push these kind of bug fixes releases to 1.14.x?

Re: 1.14.5 bugfix release

Charles R Harris

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:10 AM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]> wrote:
If there is a desire to do a bug-fix release 1.14.5 I would like to try my hand at releasing it, using doc/RELEASE_WALKTHROUGH.rst.txt. There were a few issues around compiling 1.14.4 on alpine and NetBSD.
Since 1.15 will probably be released soon, do we continue to push these kind of bug fixes releases to 1.14.x?
Matti

We only need to make the release to fix the regressions. I was going to do it today/tomorrow as I think we have now covered all paths through the ifs. Usually it takes about 2-4 weeks for bug reports to settle out, but a think we can be a bit sooner here and the next release will be 1.15.

If you want to give it a shot, go ahead. We need more people with some experience in the process, not to mention new perspectives on the walkthrough. I expect most of your time will be spent getting set up. I think you will also need commit privileges on `MacPython/numpy-wheels`, ping Matthew Brett for those. If you run into problems, let me know.