API scan

I would like to scan generated files for API functions, but it seems that the API scan runs on files in the numpy/core/src directory, not in the build directory where the generated files end up. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Re: API scan

Stéfan van der Walt
Hi Charles

On 21/04/2008, Charles R Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to scan generated files for API functions, but it seems that
> the API scan runs on files in the numpy/core/src directory, not in the build
> directory where the generated files end up. Is there an easy way to fix
> this?

Could you expand a bit?  Which tool are you using?

Regards

Re: API scan

Charles R Harris

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Stéfan van der Walt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Charles

On 21/04/2008, Charles R Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to scan generated files for API functions, but it seems that
> the API scan runs on files in the numpy/core/src directory, not in the build
> directory where the generated files end up. Is there an easy way to fix
> this?

Could you expand a bit?  Which tool are you using?

Perhaps I should describe what I want to do. In ufuncobject.c there are a lot of generic loops that go into the ufunc API and I would like to generate those loops using a template, so what I want is something like: generate code from template, scan for UFUNC_API tags. At the moment these actions occur in that order, but ufuncobject is not on the list of template files and generated code is placed in the build directories and the code that is scanned for tags is in the original source directory. I think the whole process would be streamlined if *all* source files were treated as templates with the output going into the build directory, and then all files in the build directory were scanned for API tags. Alternatively, we could generate the API files from a separate list. The latter actually makes sense to me because the way it is now there is no central place to track the API except by looking at the result of a build.