Application Pre-requisites

Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay
Hi,

I am Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay, an Undergrad at Jadavpur University, India.

One of the application pre-requisites for applying to GSOD under numpy require me to have technical writing experience. Being a student, I have not had any professional technical writing job or internship per-se but I have been writing tutorials and such in Towards Data Science(Medium) for some time now, most of which have been curated by the website. Does this make me eligible for applying to numpy? Any help or pointers would be highly appreciated.

Link to one such blog for reference --

Regards,
Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay

Re: Application Pre-requisites

Melissa Mendonça
Hello Hmrishav,

Indeed our preference as an organization is to have someone with technical writing experience, although it doesn't have to be on a professional level. I'd recommend joining [hidden email] for more information on this year's program.

Best,

Melissa

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 3:29 AM Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay, an Undergrad at Jadavpur University, India.

One of the application pre-requisites for applying to GSOD under numpy require me to have technical writing experience. Being a student, I have not had any professional technical writing job or internship per-se but I have been writing tutorials and such in Towards Data Science(Medium) for some time now, most of which have been curated by the website. Does this make me eligible for applying to numpy? Any help or pointers would be highly appreciated.

Link to one such blog for reference --

Regards,
Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay

Re: Application Pre-requisites

Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay
Hi,
I'm sorry but i can't join the Google group--it says an invite is needed :(
Thanks,
Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay

On Wed, 13 May, 2020, 5:53 pm Melissa Mendonça, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ralfgommers

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 7:24 PM Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I'm sorry but i can't join the Google group--it says an invite is needed :(

Hi Hmrishav, Melissa, it's not a group you can join, it's just a mailing list where you can interact directly with all the mentors for GSoD.