Building Numpy Documentation

cooperrc
I'm trying to build NumPy and its documentation from the current git repo,
but I'm hitting a snag. I keep getting a RuntimeError:

I'm trying to build NumPy inside the cloned repository from my fork. I'm
running Arch (kernel 5.7.12) with gcc and gcc-libs installed. I'm using a
fresh conda environment that has only installed Python 3.8 and Cython.

Any way I can troubleshoot this issue?

--
Sent from: http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/

Re: Building Numpy Documentation

ralfgommers

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 7:58 PM cooperrc <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm trying to build NumPy and its documentation from the current git repo,
but I'm hitting a snag. I keep getting a RuntimeError:

I'm trying to build NumPy inside the cloned repository from my fork. I'm
running Arch (kernel 5.7.12) with gcc and gcc-libs installed. I'm using a
fresh conda environment that has only installed Python 3.8 and Cython.

Any way I can troubleshoot this issue?

Opening an issue and including the command you're running and the full build/test log ending in that RuntimeError would be the way to get the input you need.

Sent from: http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/

Re: Building Numpy Documentation

cooperrc
Thanks! I'll post the issue and full output.

--
Sent from: http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/

Re: Building Numpy Documentation

cooperrc
For future reference, I opened and closed  issue 17016
<https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/17016#issue-673841413>   on github.

The culprit was a `Broken Toolchain` due to a mismatch between Arch's newer
ld and conda's older ld.

Solution was to

move the default ~/conda/envs/doc-build-38/compiler_compat/ld
to ~/conda/envs/doc-build-38/compiler_compat/bak_ld

Then, the build went smoothly.

--
Sent from: http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/