Citation for ndarray

Nathan Goldbaum
Hi all,

I see listed on the scipy.org site that the preferred citation for NumPy is the "Guide to NumPy":

This could work for what I'm writing, but I'd prefer to find a citation specifically for NumPy's ndarray data structure. Does such a citation exist?

Thanks!

-Nathan

Re: Citation for ndarray

Stefan van der Walt
Hi Nathan,

On Thu, 24 May 2018 13:13:16 -0500, Nathan Goldbaum wrote:
> I see listed on the scipy.org site that the preferred citation for NumPy is
> the "Guide to NumPy":
>
> https://www.scipy.org/citing.html
>
> This could work for what I'm writing, but I'd prefer to find a citation
> specifically for NumPy's ndarray data structure. Does such a citation
> exist?

The citation used to point to "The NumPy array: a structure for
efficient numerical computation" (https://arxiv.org/abs/1102.1523), but
I asked that it be changed to give credit to Travis.

I am not aware of publications for the original Numeric and NumArray;
the first reference for NumPy itself is Travis's book.

Best regards,