Cleaning up Python 2.7 code.

Just want to propose cleaning up the Python 2.7 compatibility code for NumPy 1.19. Any objections?

Re: Cleaning up Python 2.7 code.

Sebastian Berg
On Thu, 2020-01-02 at 16:51 -0700, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just want to propose cleaning up the Python 2.7 compatibility code
> for NumPy 1.19. Any objections?

Not from me, sounds like a good plan, lets get it over with :).

- Sebastian

> Chuck

Re: Cleaning up Python 2.7 code.

Jarrod Millman
Hi Chuck,

I just finished doing that for NetworkX and would be happy to start a
PR for NumPy tomorrow (assuming there are no objections).

Best regards,
Jarrod

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 3:53 PM Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just want to propose cleaning up the Python 2.7 compatibility code for NumPy 1.19. Any objections?
>
> Chuck

Re: Cleaning up Python 2.7 code.

Charles R Harris

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 5:20 PM Jarrod Millman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chuck,

I just finished doing that for NetworkX and would be happy to start a
PR for NumPy tomorrow (assuming there are no objections).

Best regards,
Jarrod

Hi Jarrod,

There are four current PRs making a start on the task, they need review and coordination. If you could help with that it would be a good start. They are tagged with `Py3K`. There are also severalĀ related issues with that tag. I think we can also remove Python <= 3.4 stuff, removing 3.5 can probably wait until NumPy 1.20. SeeĀ https://github.com/numpy/numpy/labels/27%20-%20Py3K for the list of tagged PRs/issues.

<snip>

Re: Cleaning up Python 2.7 code.

Jarrod Millman
Sounds good!
Jarrod

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 1:01 AM Sebastian Berg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, 2020-01-02 at 16:51 -0700, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just want to propose cleaning up the Python 2.7 compatibility code
> for NumPy 1.19. Any objections?

Not from me, sounds like a good plan, lets get it over with :).

+1