Collection of Questions for Explanations

Collection of Questions for Explanations

Saber Tooth
Hi Mentors ,

In the last Docs meeting , we discussed about Explanations and ways we could use to gather relevant topics for which we could provide explanations . The light was shed upon mining of questions firstly from numpy communities via Discussion like groups , then move to other sources .

We can mine such topics from the NumPy community via mining email threads of [hidden email]  for Questions . Apart from doing this I am thinking of opening an issue , the track of which will be kept by me and other contributors if they wish . We can write relevant topics for explanations over there . The link to this issue can be shared with [hidden email] and other NumPy community forums , where contributors can comment their questions or queries which they wish to get documented  .

This way we can avoid multiple Github issues by using one Github issue , moreover this issue will populate queries from the community which will be visible to everyone and may give rise to ideas regarding explanations which we haven't thought about , in fact we can close other such issues later by moving their queries to this issue .

In this manner we can have enough data within a month or two to document an Explanations page . Then we could frame explanations from this pool of data in this single Github issue ,

Do suggest your ideas/advice for the following and also if we should be doing something else .

Thanks ,
Mrinal Tyagi

Re: Collection of Questions for Explanations

Saber Tooth
Thanks Melissa ,
I have opened the issue , but am not able to add labels to it as currently i don't have 'write' access in the org !
I think we can share this issue in the NumPy sprint to gather some data from there .
what do you think?

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 20:49, Melissa Mendonça <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Here is the issue https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/16801  that i have opened , I request the required access rights to add labels to it .
Moreover I have added this topic in the NumPy sprint https://hackmd.io/r4pcf4CQRMOUY2VXOWk5_Q  so that contributors can use it to submit their queries/doubts .
I also request you to share this github issue with the other NumPy discussion forums that I may not be aware of so that everyone knows about it and everyone can do their bit in helping us mine Explanations .

Thanks ,
Mrinal Tyagi