Debian Lenny switches to Python 2.5 default

Debian Lenny switches to Python 2.5 default

Keith Goodman
I'm the click of a botton away from changing the python default on my
Debian Lenny system from 2.4 to 2.5. Has anyone experienced any numpy
issues after the switch?

Re: Debian Lenny switches to Python 2.5 default

Robert Kern-2
On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Keith Goodman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm the click of a botton away from changing the python default on my
>  Debian Lenny system from 2.4 to 2.5. Has anyone experienced any numpy
>  issues after the switch?

2.4 -> 2.5 in general shouldn't be a problem. If you are on a 64-bit
system, you will finally be able to mmap very large files. I don't
(and wouldn't) know of any Lenny-specific issues, though.

Re: Debian Lenny switches to Python 2.5 default

Angus McMorland-2
2008/5/5 Keith Goodman <[hidden email]>:
> I'm the click of a botton away from changing the python default on my
>  Debian Lenny system from 2.4 to 2.5. Has anyone experienced any numpy
>  issues after the switch?

All normal here so far, with most of a day's use.  All numpy tests
pass, and I get four failures in scipy (which also upgraded to
0.6.0-11 this morning): 2 in lapack/tests/esv_tests, and 2
umfpack-related.

A.
--
AJC McMorland, PhD candidate