Development branches renamed

Stefan van der Walt
Hi everyone,

The development branches of most of the repositories on github.com/numpy have been renamed to `main` (this is the GitHub default for newly created repositories).  The move has not yet been made for sub-projects such as `numpydoc` or `numpy.org`, but those should follow soon.

We were able to preserve all PRs, other than those for which the original branches have been deleted.

You can update your locally cloned repository to have a `main` branch as follows:

git branch -m master main
git fetch <YOUR_UPSTREAM_REMOTE>
git branch -u <YOUR_UPSTREAM_REMOTE>/main main

(where YOUR_UPSTREAM_REMOTE is typically called `upstream` or `origin`)

If you have any trouble, let us know.

Best regards,

Re: Development branches renamed

ralfgommers

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 8:09 AM Stefan van der Walt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

The development branches of most of the repositories on github.com/numpy have been renamed to `main` (this is the GitHub default for newly created repositories).  The move has not yet been made for sub-projects such as `numpydoc` or `numpy.org`, but those should follow soon.

Thanks for working on this Stéfan!