Discussion around How-to ,Tutorials.

Saber Tooth
Hello Melissa ,

Are we having our Docs meeting on 20th July ?
If yes , then could we have some discussion around the structure of tutorials ,how-to sections .
I wanted to discuss how we are planning to distinguish between the two ,  should the How-to be straightforward solutions like here or something else .
Tutorials should be structured as in here or something else .

The general belief is when we hear the word "How to" is that we are greeted to just the solution of the problem like above , while when we hear Tutorials we are greeted to  Detailed solutions with explanations for most of the steps .

Thanks ,
Mrinal

Re: Discussion around How-to ,Tutorials.

Melissa Mendonça
Hello, Mrinal

Yes, we are having our meeting on monday (more information in a message still to come).

Right now, our idea of what tutorials and how-tos are comes from Daniele Procida [1] (detailed in NEP 44 [2]). However, I believe the discussion around exactly what we will cover or try to achieve in each kind of document is not finished. In fact, we are still learning how to organize this.

Feel free to add a topic in the meeting notes for the Documentation Meeting [3] so we can discuss this on monday.

Cheers,

Melissa