Fwd: [NumFOCUS Projects] NumFOCUS Summit Registration

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: [NumFOCUS Projects] NumFOCUS Summit Registration

ralfgommers
Hi all,

In September the NumFOCUS Summit for 2018 will be held in New York. NumPy can send one representative (or a couple, but costs are only covered for one person). We opened this opportunity up to members of the Steering Council first, however it doesn't look like anyone is in the position to attend. Therefore we'd now like to ask if anyone else would like to attend.

Rules of the game: you do need a strong affiliation with the project (e.g. you have commit right, have been contributing for a while, have been hired to work on NumPy, etc.); in case multiple people are interested then the NumPy Steering Council will make a decision.

If you're interested, please reply here or off-list.

Cheers,
Ralf


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Leah Silen <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 4:35 PM
Subject: [NumFOCUS Projects] NumFOCUS Summit Registration
To: [hidden email]


Hi all,


We’d like to share some additional details on this year’s NumFOCUS Project Summit.  


The Sustainability Workshop portion of the Summit (Sept 22-23) is an opportunity for projects to focus on creating roadmaps and developing strategies for long-term sustainability. This year we would like your help in generating the content and driving the direction of the workshop. We’ll be reaching out for your suggestions on specific areas you would like to see addressed.


The Project Forum for Core Developers and Critical Users (Sep 24-25) is a meeting, open to the public, for critical users to directly interact with the core developers of NumFOCUS projects. The goal is to connect you with resources to advance your community roadmaps while beginning a dialogue with key stakeholders. The event will be limited to 150 attendees. Again, we will be giving participants (both projects and users) an opportunity to drive the content and agenda.


NumFOCUS will cover travel expenses for one representative per sponsored project. This includes an airfare allotment of $600 and hotel accommodations for 4 nights in New York City. The airfare amount is an average; we understand international travel costs will exceed this amount. Please contact us if you would like to have more than one rep attend. When choosing who will attend, we ask that you prioritize members of your leadership team or steering committee as this will help your project get the most benefit out of the Summit experience.


In order to book hotel rooms, it is urgent that we know who will be attending as soon as possible. We’ve set up the following site for project leads to register: <link removed by Ralf>


Once again, if you’re interested in working on any portion of the summit, we would love your input and leadership in setting the agenda. Please reach out to [hidden email] if you would like to be involved.  



NumFOCUS Summit Committee-


Andy Terrel

James Powell

Leah Silen

Gina Helfrich

Jim Weiss



---
Leah Silen
Executive Director, NumFOCUS
<a href="tel:512-222-5449" value="+15122225449" style="color:rgb(17,85,204)" target="_blank">512-222-5449

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Fiscally Sponsored Project Representatives" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/numfocus.org/group/projects/.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/numfocus.org/d/msgid/projects/CALWv6uLTL1EFFh%2BsaV3YTGVtfVUm01ey4GTnY1SP%3DLbYNCS8ZA%40mail.gmail.com.


_______________________________________________
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [NumFOCUS Projects] NumFOCUS Summit Registration

mattip
On 06/07/18 00:54, Ralf Gommers wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In September the NumFOCUS Summit for 2018 will be held in New York.
> NumPy can send one representative (or a couple, but costs are only
> covered for one person). We opened this opportunity up to members of
> the Steering Council first, however it doesn't look like anyone is in
> the position to attend. Therefore we'd now like to ask if anyone else
> would like to attend.
>
> Rules of the game: you do need a strong affiliation with the project
> (e.g. you have commit right, have been contributing for a while, have
> been hired to work on NumPy, etc.); in case multiple people are
> interested then the NumPy Steering Council will make a decision.
>
> If you're interested, please reply here or off-list.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf
>

I would like to put my name forward.
Matti

>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: *Leah Silen* <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> Date: Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 4:35 PM
> Subject: [NumFOCUS Projects] NumFOCUS Summit Registration
> To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
>
> *
>
> Hi all,
>
>
> We’d like to share some additional details on this year’s NumFOCUS
> Project Summit.
>
>
> The Sustainability Workshop portion of the Summit (Sept 22-23) is an
> opportunity for projects to focus on creating roadmaps and developing
> strategies for long-term sustainability. This year we would like your
> help in generating the content and driving the direction of the
> workshop. We’ll be reaching out for your suggestions on specific areas
> you would like to see addressed.
>
>
> The Project Forum for Core Developers and Critical Users(Sep 24-25) is
> a meeting, open to the public, for critical users to directly interact
> with the core developers of NumFOCUS projects. The goal is to connect
> you with resources to advance your community roadmaps while beginning
> a dialogue with key stakeholders. The event will be limited to 150
> attendees. Again, we will be giving participants (both projects and
> users) an opportunity to drive the content and agenda.
>
>
> NumFOCUS will cover travel expenses for one representative per
> sponsored project.This includes an airfare allotment of $600 and hotel
> accommodations for 4 nights in New York City. The airfare amount is an
> average; we understand international travel costs will exceed this
> amount. Please contact us if you would like to have more than one rep
> attend. When choosing who will attend, we ask that you prioritize
> members of your leadership team or steering committee as this will
> help your project get the most benefit out of the Summit experience.
>
>
> In order to book hotel rooms, it is urgent that we know who will be
> attending as soon as possible.We’ve set up the following site for
> project leads to register: <link removed by Ralf>
>
>
> Once again, if you’re interested in working on any portion of the
> summit, we would love your input and leadership in setting the agenda.
> Please reach out to [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>if
> you would like to be involved.
>
>
>
> NumFOCUS Summit Committee-
>
>
> Andy Terrel
>
> James Powell
>
> Leah Silen
>
> Gina Helfrich
>
> Jim Weiss
>
>
> *
> ---
> Leah Silen
> Executive Director, NumFOCUS
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> 512-222-5449 <tel:512-222-5449>
>
> <http://www.numfocus.org/>
> <https://twitter.com/NumFOCUS><https://www.facebook.com/NumFOCUS/>
>

_______________________________________________
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [NumFOCUS Projects] NumFOCUS Summit Registration

ralfgommers


On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 3:49 PM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 06/07/18 00:54, Ralf Gommers wrote:
Hi all,

In September the NumFOCUS Summit for 2018 will be held in New York. NumPy can send one representative (or a couple, but costs are only covered for one person). We opened this opportunity up to members of the Steering Council first, however it doesn't look like anyone is in the position to attend. Therefore we'd now like to ask if anyone else would like to attend.

Rules of the game: you do need a strong affiliation with the project (e.g. you have commit right, have been contributing for a while, have been hired to work on NumPy, etc.); in case multiple people are interested then the NumPy Steering Council will make a decision.

If you're interested, please reply here or off-list.

Cheers,
Ralf


I would like to put my name forward.

Thanks Matti! That makes two good candidates. I'll follow up right now with the steering committee.

If anyone else wants to be considered, please reply within 24 hours.

Cheers,
Ralf



Matti


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Leah Silen* <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
Date: Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 4:35 PM
Subject: [NumFOCUS Projects] NumFOCUS Summit Registration
To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>


*

Hi all,


We’d like to share some additional details on this year’s NumFOCUS Project Summit.


The Sustainability Workshop portion of the Summit (Sept 22-23) is an opportunity for projects to focus on creating roadmaps and developing strategies for long-term sustainability. This year we would like your help in generating the content and driving the direction of the workshop. We’ll be reaching out for your suggestions on specific areas you would like to see addressed.


The Project Forum for Core Developers and Critical Users(Sep 24-25) is a meeting, open to the public, for critical users to directly interact with the core developers of NumFOCUS projects. The goal is to connect you with resources to advance your community roadmaps while beginning a dialogue with key stakeholders. The event will be limited to 150 attendees. Again, we will be giving participants (both projects and users) an opportunity to drive the content and agenda.


NumFOCUS will cover travel expenses for one representative per sponsored project.This includes an airfare allotment of $600 and hotel accommodations for 4 nights in New York City. The airfare amount is an average; we understand international travel costs will exceed this amount. Please contact us if you would like to have more than one rep attend. When choosing who will attend, we ask that you prioritize members of your leadership team or steering committee as this will help your project get the most benefit out of the Summit experience.


In order to book hotel rooms, it is urgent that we know who will be attending as soon as possible.We’ve set up the following site for project leads to register: <link removed by Ralf>


Once again, if you’re interested in working on any portion of the summit, we would love your input and leadership in setting the agenda. Please reach out to [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>if you would like to be involved.



NumFOCUS Summit Committee-


Andy Terrel

James Powell

Leah Silen

Gina Helfrich

Jim Weiss


*
---
Leah Silen
Executive Director, NumFOCUS
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
512-222-5449 <tel:512-222-5449>

<http://www.numfocus.org/>
<https://twitter.com/NumFOCUS><https://www.facebook.com/NumFOCUS/>


_______________________________________________
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion


_______________________________________________
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: [NumFOCUS Projects] NumFOCUS Summit Registration

ralfgommers


On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 3:02 PM, Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 3:49 PM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 06/07/18 00:54, Ralf Gommers wrote:
Hi all,

In September the NumFOCUS Summit for 2018 will be held in New York. NumPy can send one representative (or a couple, but costs are only covered for one person). We opened this opportunity up to members of the Steering Council first, however it doesn't look like anyone is in the position to attend. Therefore we'd now like to ask if anyone else would like to attend.

Rules of the game: you do need a strong affiliation with the project (e.g. you have commit right, have been contributing for a while, have been hired to work on NumPy, etc.); in case multiple people are interested then the NumPy Steering Council will make a decision.

If you're interested, please reply here or off-list.

Cheers,
Ralf


I would like to put my name forward.

Thanks Matti! That makes two good candidates. I'll follow up right now with the steering committee.

If anyone else wants to be considered, please reply within 24 hours.

Hi all, here's an update on the decision on who will attend this event to represent NumPy. Allan Haldane and Stefan van der Walt are the two people going. Given that this is more a governance/sustainability/funding type rather than a technical event (even though there's also an opportunity to sprint), it made sense to choose people who have been working on NumPy for at least a couple of years (or much longer, in Stefan's case).

Cheers,
Ralf



_______________________________________________
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion