Getting pylint to recognize numpy

Robert Westerfield
Hi,

I am unable to get the incredibly useful pylint (0.14) to recognize numpy.

Could anyone help me out here please?

Thank you!

-Rob

1) Confirming that python picks up numpy:
D:\src>python DummyModule.py
[1 2 3]

2) Running pylint:
D:\src>pylint -rn -iy DummyModule
No config file found, using default configuration
************* Module DummyModule
E0611:  5: No name 'array' in module 'numpy'

3) Contents of DummyModule.py:

""" Dummy doc-string

"""

from numpy import array

if __name__ == '__main__':
    Z = array([1, 2, 3])
    print Z

Re: Getting pylint to recognize numpy

Robert Kern-2
On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Robert Westerfield
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to get the incredibly useful pylint (0.14) to recognize numpy.
>
> Could anyone help me out here please?

I'm afraid I can't help you. I don't use pylint (too slow for my
uses). Have you tried asking on the pylint mailing list?

They might have a better idea of the limitations of pylint wrt
extension modules and possible workarounds.

Re: Getting pylint to recognize numpy

Pierre GM-2
On Saturday 17 May 2008 16:57:58 Robert Kern wrote:
> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Robert Westerfield
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am unable to get the incredibly useful pylint (0.14) to recognize
> > numpy.

mmh, works great on my machine...
pylint 0.14.0,
astng 0.17.2, common 0.21.2
Python 2.4.4 (#1, Apr  8 2008, 13:36:41)
[GCC 4.1.2 (Gentoo 4.1.2 p1.0.1)]

AAMOF, I use eclipse+pydev, that supports pylint. No particular problems
either...

On 5/17/08, Pierre GM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Saturday 17 May 2008 16:57:58 Robert Kern wrote:
> > On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Robert Westerfield
> >
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am unable to get the incredibly useful pylint (0.14) to recognize
> > > numpy.
>
> mmh, works great on my machine...
> pylint 0.14.0,
> astng 0.17.2, common 0.21.2
> Python 2.4.4 (#1, Apr  8 2008, 13:36:41)
> [GCC 4.1.2 (Gentoo 4.1.2 p1.0.1)]
>
> AAMOF, I use eclipse+pydev, that supports pylint. No particular problems
> either...

Thanks Pierre - I am using the same versions for all packages on
Windows (I have tried a newer common as well).

Did you (or Gentoo) do anything particular with either pylint's
configuration file or Eclipse/PyDev to have it pick up numpy?

I've asked on logilab's lists as well.

Kind regards, Rob.