Google Summer of Docs ideas?

NumFOCUS has applied as an umbrella org for the inaugural Google Summer of Docs, and we're participating. We need 1-2 ideas and work them out very well (ideas need to be high quality, it's not yet sure that NumFOCUS will get accepted as an umbrella org). Guidelines are at https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/project-ideas#project-idea

Any suggestions for ideas?

Re: Google Summer of Docs ideas?

ralfgommers

Hi all,

I have added an idea and page on the NumFOCUS GSoD site in https://github.com/numfocus/gsod/pull/4. That also has some content that we may want to reuse for a better contributor guide.

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 6:42 PM Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 10:45 AM Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

NumFOCUS has applied as an umbrella org for the inaugural Google Summer of Docs, and we're participating. We need 1-2 ideas and work them out very well (ideas need to be high quality, it's not yet sure that NumFOCUS will get accepted as an umbrella org). Guidelines are at https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/project-ideas#project-idea

Any suggestions for ideas?

I have added an idea and page on the NumFOCUS GSoD site in https://github.com/numfocus/gsod/pull/4. That also has some content that we may want to reuse for a better contributor guide.

Looks like we are applying as a project and not under the NumFOCUS umbrella (we got some feedback that this would give a better chance of success). I can do the submission. We need a second name to be a GSoD admin though - does anyone want to volunteer (there should be no actual work involved).

Re: Google Summer of Docs ideas?

Evgeni Burovski
Hi Ralf,

If all this needs is a name, you can add mine. How much time I can put into it though is... not much, I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Evgeni

чт, 18 апр. 2019 г., 23:51 Ralf Gommers [hidden email]: