How to get sources of the current state of 1.16?

How to get sources of the current state of 1.16?

Pavlyk, Oleksandr

Are they the same as the current master, or is there a mechanism to query issue tracker for all PRs designated to make it into 1.16?

Even then, what should the base be?

Perhaps this is already documented in either an issue or a PR.

Thanks for the pointer.

Sasha

Re: How to get sources of the current state of 1.16?

Pavlyk, Oleksandr

Sorry for not being more explicit.

Yes, the milestone gives me a set of PRs whose changes are designated for 1.16

If I were to manually build sources for 1.16 candidate I would

1.       create a branch at some SHA in the master,

2.       cherry-pick commits from PRs enumerated in milestone/58
not reachable from the chosen SHA.

What I am missing is the convention on how to choose the merge-base in step 1.

I am interesting in building sources so that I can try to generate patches on top of these sources in advance, and have myself enough time to resolve possible conflicts.

Thanks,

Sasha

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 2:38 PM Pavlyk, Oleksandr <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sorry for not being more explicit.

Yes, the milestone gives me a set of PRs whose changes are designated for 1.16

If I were to manually build sources for 1.16 candidate I would

1.       create a branch at some SHA in the master,

2.       cherry-pick commits from PRs enumerated in milestone/58
not reachable from the chosen SHA.

What I am missing is the convention on how to choose the merge-base in step 1.

I am interesting in building sources so that I can try to generate patches on top of these sources in advance, and have myself enough time to resolve possible conflicts.

Just master right now. At some point, there will be a release branch, but that will be much closer to the release when most of the PRs are merged already merged and it's just last minute fixes and release-specific changes (e.g. bumping version numbers, etc.) to do.

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 11:53 AM Pavlyk, Oleksandr <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are they the same as the current master, or is there a mechanism to query issue tracker for all PRs designated to make it into 1.16?

Even then, what should the base be?

Current master is the 1.16 development branch and everything in it will become part of 1.16 when the 1.16.x branch is made. Master will then become the 1.17 development branch. All PRs start in master.