My Introduction and Getting Started with Numpy.

My Introduction and Getting Started with Numpy.

Ngoran Clare-Joyce F.
Hi All,

I am Ngoran Clare-Joyce, an Electrical Engineer from Cameroon. I use Python and Javascript for Software Development. Over the past year, I have gained insight into Machine Learning and Data Science Algorithms. I have used Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Pytorch, Scikit-Learn libraries.

I have realized that to take my career to the next level, I need to contribute to open source as a way to gain skills, experience and proper understanding of how these libraries work.

Please, I will appreciate help on how to get started, set up my development environment, some important documentation, and beginners issues so I can start contributing to Numpy.

Thanks,
Ngoran Clare-Joyce.

Re: My Introduction and Getting Started with Numpy.

ralfgommers
Hi Ngoran, welcome!

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 10:53 AM Joyce Tirnyuy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I am Ngoran Clare-Joyce, an Electrical Engineer from Cameroon. I use Python and Javascript for Software Development. Over the past year, I have gained insight into Machine Learning and Data Science Algorithms. I have used Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Pytorch, Scikit-Learn libraries.

I have realized that to take my career to the next level, I need to contribute to open source as a way to gain skills, experience and proper understanding of how these libraries work.

Excellent, we can always use help:)

This is the most recent version of our documentation: https://www.numpy.org/devdocs/index.html. It has a link "NumPy Developer Guide" which walks you through setting up your development environment. There's also "Building and Extending the Documentation" which will help if you want to work on improving the documentation. For some beginner issues, please have a look at the ones labelled "easy" on GitHub: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22difficulty%3A+Easy%22

Ngoran Clare-Joyce.

Re: My Introduction and Getting Started with Numpy.

Ngoran Clare-Joyce F.
Hello Ralf,

Thank you for the resources, they were very helpful.
I am done setting up the environment and I'm looking forward to making contributions.

Thank you,
Joyce.

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 8:24 AM Ngoran Clare-Joyce F. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Ralf,

Thank you for the resources, they were very helpful.
I am done setting up the environment and I'm looking forward to making contributions.

Hi Joyce, that's great. Let us know if you need any pointers, please ask either on GitHub or here.