New Proposed Time for the NumPy Community Meeting

New Proposed Time for the NumPy Community Meeting

Hameer Abbasi
Hello everyone!

I’d like to propose that we shift the time of the NumPy community meeting to one hour earlier starting next week.

The reason is twofold: One, we have an Indian student who wishes to join the meetings, and so it’d be nice to have a more reasonable time for her timezone.

Second, my fast for the month of Ramadan breaks at 9:07 PM, and will only get later. I’d hate to eat during the meeting.

Best Regards,
Hameer Abbasi

Re: New Proposed Time for the NumPy Community Meeting

ralfgommers

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 6:47 PM Hameer Abbasi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone!

I’d like to propose that we shift the time of the NumPy community meeting to one hour earlier starting next week.

The reason is twofold: One, we have an Indian student who wishes to join the meetings, and so it’d be nice to have a more reasonable time for her timezone.

Second, my fast for the month of Ramadan breaks at 9:07 PM, and will only get later. I’d hate to eat during the meeting.

We discussed this in the call, everyone was in favor. It helps two people who want to attend, and doesn't seem to shift things to too early in the morning for anyone else.

Thanks for bringing it up Hameer.