Not all typecodes have names

Charles R Harris
? bool
b signed char
h short
i integer
l long integer
q long long integer
p p ----
B unsigned char
H unsigned short
I unsigned integer
L unsigned long integer
Q unsigned long long integer
P P ----
f single precision
d double precision
g long precision
F complex single precision
D complex double precision
G complex long double precision
S string
U unicode
V void
O object

The typecodes come from typecode['All'] and the typenames from typename(). What are the names that should go with p and P?

Re: Not all typecodes have names

Robert Kern-2
On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> ? bool
> b signed char
> h short
> i integer
> l long integer
> q long long integer
> p p ----
> B unsigned char
> H unsigned short
> I unsigned integer
> L unsigned long integer
> Q unsigned long long integer
> P P ----
> f single precision
> d double precision
> g long precision
> F complex single precision
> D complex double precision
> G complex long double precision
> S string
> U unicode
> V void
> O object
>
> The typecodes come from typecode['All'] and the typenames from typename().
> What are the names that should go with p and P?

I believe they correspond to C's ssize_t and size_t respectively. I
don't know if those are good names, per se, in this context.