only in this topic
NumPy 1.14.4 released.
Charles R Harris
Open this post in threaded view
NumPy 1.14.4 released.
On behalf of the NumPy team, I am pleased to announce the release of NumPy 1.14.4.
This is a bugfix release for bugs reported following the 1.14.3 release. The
most significant fixes are:
* fixes for compiler instruction reordering that resulted in NaN's not being
properly propagated in `np.max` and `np.min`,
* fixes for bus faults on SPARC and older ARM due to incorrect alignment
There are also improvements to printing of long doubles on PPC platforms. All
is not yet perfect on that platform, the whitespace padding is still incorrect
and is to be fixed in numpy 1.15, consequently NumPy still fails some
printing-related (and other) unit tests on ppc systems. However, the printed
values are now correct.
Note that NumPy will error on import if it detects incorrect float32 `dot`
results. This problem has been seen on the Mac when working in the Anaconda
enviroment and is due to a subtle interaction between MKL and PyQt5. It is not
strictly a NumPy problem, but it is best that users be aware of it. See the
gh-8577 NumPy issue for more information.
The Python versions supported in this release are 2.7 and 3.4 - 3.6. Wheels
for all supported versions are available from
and source releases are available
. The source releases were cythonized with Cython 0.28.2 and should
be compatible with the upcoming Python 3.7.
A total of 7 people contributed to this release. People with a "+" by their
names contributed a patch for the first time.
* Allan Haldane
* Charles Harris
* Marten van Kerkwijk
* Matti Picus
* Pauli Virtanen
* Ryan Soklaski +
* Sebastian Berg
Pull requests merged
A total of 11 pull requests were merged for this release.
* #11104: BUG: str of DOUBLE_DOUBLE format wrong on ppc64
* #11170: TST: linalg: add regression test for gh-8577
* #11174: MAINT: add sanity-checks to be run at import time
* #11181: BUG: void dtype setup checked offset not actual pointer for alignment
* #11194: BUG: Python2 doubles don't print correctly in interactive shell.
* #11198: BUG: optimizing compilers can reorder call to npy_get_floatstatus
* #11199: BUG: reduce using SSE only warns if inside SSE loop
* #11203: BUG: Bytes delimiter/comments in genfromtxt should be decoded
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
Return to Numpy-discussion
1 view|%1 views
Free forum by Nabble
Edit this page