NumPy 1.16

Just an update of the NumPy 1.16 release schedule. The last PR milestoned for the release is #12219, and it is about done. The current release blocker is the upcoming OpenBLAS 0.3.4, which should fix the reported threading problems, but if it doesn't come out in the next month we might want to revisit that. The OpenBLAS issues for 0.3.4 are here. Meanwhile, other PR's continue to go in.

Re: NumPy 1.16

ralfgommers

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 9:41 AM Charles R Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Just an update of the NumPy 1.16 release schedule. The last PR milestoned for the release is #12219, and it is about done. The current release blocker is the upcoming OpenBLAS 0.3.4, which should fix the reported threading problems, but if it doesn't come out in the next month we might want to revisit that. The OpenBLAS issues for 0.3.4 are here.

From a read through those issues, they seem to be related to new threading issues introduced in 0.3.1. IIRC we're building against 0.3.0 for 1.15.x. So the reported issues may not all be fixed.

Re: NumPy 1.16

Charles R Harris

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 6:09 PM Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 9:41 AM Charles R Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Just an update of the NumPy 1.16 release schedule. The last PR milestoned for the release is #12219, and it is about done. The current release blocker is the upcoming OpenBLAS 0.3.4, which should fix the reported threading problems, but if it doesn't come out in the next month we might want to revisit that. The OpenBLAS issues for 0.3.4 are here.

From a read through those issues, they seem to be related to new threading issues introduced in 0.3.1. IIRC we're building against 0.3.0 for 1.15.x. So the reported issues may not all be fixed.

One of the threading problems, present since 0.2.15, is already fixed for 0.3.4, see https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/issues/1844. It was the easy one :) I think the milestone was put together after the fact.