NumPy Documentation Gallery structure

Saber Tooth
Hello Melissa and Ralf ,

I was just wondering if we haven't had much discussion on the structuring of tutorials , while we have had some discussion on Explanations .

I have been analysing the Tutorials of some other communities too , say Matplotlib :
they have basically structured the tutorials page like a Gallery where examples have been arranged in the order of experience level .

Here is SunPy Documentation. They have tried to structure their How-TO examples in the same way like a Gallery .

Please have a Look , maybe we can also get some new ideas for our Documentation .
I think it will help us to structure the Tutorials page of NumPy too .

Thanks ,
Mrinal Tyagi

Re: NumPy Documentation Gallery structure

mattip
Administrator

I think those projects use https://github.com/sphinx-gallery/sphinx-gallery to do the layout

Matti

Link to Matplotlib tutorials : https://matplotlib.org/3.2.2/tutorials/index.html

Here is SunPy Documentation. They have tried to structure their How-TO examples in the same way like a Gallery .

Please have a Look , maybe we can also get some new ideas for our Documentation .
I think it will help us to structure the Tutorials page of NumPy too .

Thanks ,
Mrinal Tyagi

Re: NumPy Documentation Gallery structure

Saber Tooth
Hi Matti ,

Yup , Matplotlib and SunPy are using Sphinx Gallery 🙂 ,

I am asking , could we are also have some discussion around such structure maybe modifying it in a way more suited to NumPy community ?

What do you think?

Thanks ,
Mrinal

On Wed, 8 Jul, 2020, 12:09 pm Matti Picus, <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

bashtage

statsmodels uses a homegrown solution with some templating to make a gallery of jupyter notebooks.

https://github.com/statsmodels/statsmodels/blob/master/docs/source/examples/index.rst