Numpy 1.12.x branched

Numpy 1.12.x has been branched and the 1.13 development branch is open. It would be helpful if folks could review the release notes as it is likely I've missed something.  I'd like to make the first beta release in a couple of days.

Re: Numpy 1.12.x branched

Sebastian Berg
On Sa, 2016-11-05 at 17:04 -0600, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Numpy 1.12.x has been branched and the 1.13 development branch is
> open. It would be helpful if folks could review the release notes as
> it is likely I've missed something.  I'd like to make the first beta
> release in a couple of days.

Very cool, thanks for all the hard work!

- Sebastian

> Chuck

Re: Numpy 1.12.x branched

matti picus
On 07/11/16 10:19, [hidden email] wrote:

> Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 17:56:12 +0100
> From: Sebastian Berg<[hidden email]>
> To:[hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.12.x branched
>
> On Sa, 2016-11-05 at 17:04 -0600, Charles R Harris wrote:
>> >Hi All,
>> >
>> >Numpy 1.12.x has been branched and the 1.13 development branch is
>> >open. It would be helpful if folks could review the release notes as
>> >it is likely I've missed something.? I'd like to make the first beta
>> >release in a couple of days.
>> >
> Very cool, thanks for all the hard work!
>
> - Sebastian
>

>> >Chuck
Thanks for managing this. I don't know where, but it would be nice if
the release notes could mention the PyPy support - we are down to only a
few failures on the test suite, the only real oustanding issue is nditer
using UPDATEIFCOPY which depends on refcounting semantics to trigger the
copy. Other than that PyPy + NumPy 1.12 is a working thing, we (PyPy
devs) will soon try to make it work faster :).

Re: Numpy 1.12.x branched

Charles R Harris

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 17:56:12 +0100
From: Sebastian Berg<[hidden email]>
[hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.12.x branched

On Sa, 2016-11-05 at 17:04 -0600, Charles R Harris wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Numpy 1.12.x has been branched and the 1.13 development branch is
>open. It would be helpful if folks could review the release notes as
>it is likely I've missed something.? I'd like to make the first beta
>release in a couple of days.

Very cool, thanks for all the hard work!

- Sebastian

>Chuck
Thanks for managing this. I don't know where, but it would be nice if the release notes could mention the PyPy support - we are down to only a few failures on the test suite, the only real oustanding issue is nditer using UPDATEIFCOPY which depends on refcounting semantics to trigger the copy. Other than that PyPy + NumPy 1.12 is a working thing, we (PyPy devs) will soon try to make it work faster :).

A PR updating the release notes would be welcome. This might be one of the highlights for those interested in PyPy.

Re: Numpy 1.12.x branched

Frédéric Bastien-2
My change about numpy.mean in float16 aren't in the doc.

Should I make a PR again numpy master or maintenance/1.12.x?

Fred

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 17:56:12 +0100
From: Sebastian Berg<[hidden email]>
[hidden email]

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Frédéric Bastien <[hidden email]> wrote:
My change about numpy.mean in float16 aren't in the doc.

Should I make a PR again numpy master or maintenance/1.12.x?

Make it against master. I may cut and paste the content into a bigger PR I will merge before the first beta.

<snip>