Participation in GSoD 2020

Sayak Kundu
Hi everyone,

I am Sayak Kundu. I am a student at IIIT Hyderabad. This email is regarding the participation in Google Season of DOcs 2020 as a technical writer. I am interested in High-level restructuring and end-user focus. I have experience with Numpy and Scipy and have used them across many of my projects for Multivariate Analysis, Data Science, Machine Learning, etc. I have also worked with the Internet Archive for past 1 year on their Google Action and Alexa Skill as a developer and this job also required me to write technical reports.

I have learnt through the Numpy docs and I want to contribute back by improving and adding new features to the docs. I would very much like to know about the steps involved further for contributing to this project.

Sincerely,
Sayak Kundu

Re: Participation in GSoD 2020

Melissa Mendonça
Thanks for your interest in our Google Season of Docs projects. It is great to hear from you!

For now, all the information you need about the program is in the official GSoD website (https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs), and in our proposal (https://github.com/numpy/numpy/wiki/Google-Season-of-Docs-2020-Project-Ideas).

If you are interested, I would advise working on the following:

- Familiarizing yourself with the NumPy docs and the workflow for building them (https://numpy.org/devdocs/dev/howto-docs.html)
- Reading NEP 44 to have an idea of the current vision and focus for the docs (https://numpy.org/neps/nep-0044-restructuring-numpy-docs.html)
- Working on your own proposal, so we can analyze it later.

You have until June 8 to do this, and if you need help or have questions about any of the above, please get in touch so we can help. Make sure you get in touch with the mentors directly by sending your message to [hidden email] .

Please be aware that although the mentors can answer questions and give you information, **you must write your own project**.

Welcome!

- Melissa