Proposal to accept NEP #44: Restructuring the NumPy Documentation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Proposal to accept NEP #44: Restructuring the NumPy Documentation

melissawm (Bugzilla)
Hi all,

I am proposing the acceptance of NEP 44 - Restructuring the NumPy Documentation.


There were some comments about reorganizing the text to make it clearer, and some rewording regarding Reference Guides, developer "under-the-hoods" documentation and the possible mechanism for community contributions in the form of new tutorials or how-tos. Overall I believe we have answered all comments and there were no other points of concern.
If there are no substantive objections within 7 days from this email, then the NEP will be accepted; see NEP 0 for more details:
see http://www.numpy.org/neps/nep-0000.html

Thanks for the comments! Looking forward to start working on this :)
--
Melissa Weber Mendonça


_______________________________________________
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal to accept NEP #44: Restructuring the NumPy Documentation

Sebastian Berg
On Wed, 2020-02-19 at 08:58 -0300, Melissa Mendonça wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am proposing the acceptance of NEP 44 - Restructuring the NumPy
> Documentation.
>
> https://numpy.org/neps/nep-0044-restructuring-numpy-docs.html
>
> There were some comments about reorganizing the text to make it
> clearer, and some rewording regarding Reference Guides, developer
> "under-the-hoods" documentation and the possible mechanism for
> community contributions in the form of new tutorials or how-tos.
> Overall I believe we have answered all comments and there were no
> other points of concern.
> If there are no substantive objections within 7 days from this email,
> then the NEP will be accepted; see NEP 0 for more details:
> see http://www.numpy.org/neps/nep-0000.html
>
> Thanks for the comments! Looking forward to start working on this :)

Looks like a good structure to me, I think go ahead and start!

- Sebastian



> --
> Melissa Weber Mendonça
>
> _______________________________________________
> NumPy-Discussion mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion

_______________________________________________
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal to accept NEP #44: Restructuring the NumPy Documentation

Stefan van der Walt
In reply to this post by melissawm (Bugzilla)
On Wed, Feb 19, 2020, at 03:58, Melissa Mendonça wrote:
I am proposing the acceptance of NEP 44 - Restructuring the NumPy Documentation.


Thanks, Melissa, for developing this NEP!  The plan makes sense to me.

Best regards,
Stéfan


_______________________________________________
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal to accept NEP #44: Restructuring the NumPy Documentation

melissawm (Bugzilla)
Hello all,

Since there were no objections raised, I propose this NEP is accepted. I'll be submitting the PR with the final links to this thread in a few minutes.

Best,

Melissa

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 3:30 PM Stefan van der Walt <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 19, 2020, at 03:58, Melissa Mendonça wrote:
I am proposing the acceptance of NEP 44 - Restructuring the NumPy Documentation.


Thanks, Melissa, for developing this NEP!  The plan makes sense to me.

Best regards,
Stéfan

_______________________________________________
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion


--
Melissa Weber Mendonça
--
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing you don't put tomato in fruit salad."

_______________________________________________
NumPy-Discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion