Re: PCA on set of face images

Hans Meine-4
Am Dienstag, 11. März 2008 00:24:04 schrieb David Bolme:
> The steps you describe here are correct.  I am putting together an
> open source computer vision library based on numpy/scipy.  It will
> include an automatic PCA algorithm with face detection, eye detection,
> PCA dimensionally reduction, and distance measurement.  If you are
> interested let me know and I will redouble my efforts to release the
> code soon.

That's interesting, we're also working on a computer vision module using NumPy
(actually, a VIGRA <-> NumPy binding sort of), and there's scipy.ndimage,
too.  Maybe (part of) your code could be integrated into the latter?  I am
looking forward to it anyway.

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/

Re: PCA on set of face images

David Bolme
If you are interested I now have the code on source forge.  It still
needs some critical documentation.  I am planing to get this
documented and a beta release sometime this summer. Currently it ties
together PIL, OpenCV, numpy/scipy, LibSVM, and some of own code with
an emphases on face recognition since that is my research area.

http://pyvision.sourceforge.net