Re: Python for Climate Action session at SciPy'20

Re: Python for Climate Action session at SciPy'20

Inessa Pawson
Hi, Juan!
I’m still in the process of scheduling live networking sessions at SciPy’20 and would be happy to set up one on the topic of Python for Climate Action. We could host it on July 8th or 10th at 5 - 6 p.m. CDT. Would you be available to moderate it?

Re: Python for Climate Action session at SciPy'20

Juan Nunez-Iglesias-2
Hi Inessa,

Thanks for offering! I definitely want to participate but I would *love it* if an actual climate scientist or even *any* atmospheric scientist would step up to chair the session! I have not thought all that deeply about this problem, and mostly I feel helpless and frustrated.

If no one else volunteers though I'm happy to do it.

I much prefer the Wednesday session. Let's book it in!

Thank you all,

Juan.

--
Every good wish,
Inessa Pawson

Re: Python for Climate Action session at SciPy'20

Inessa Pawson
Juan,
I’ve scheduled the “Python for Climate Action” session for July 8th at 5 - 6 p.m. CDT.

Mark,
it would be great if someone from pvlib could moderate it. The networking sessions at SciPy'20 will be hosted in a format similar to unconferences. We will be using Zoom to make it easier for the moderators to oversee their sessions.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions regarding this session.