Re-enable deprecation warning for "ragged arrays"

Re-enable deprecation warning for "ragged arrays"

mattip
Administrator
A few months ago we merged an implementation of "NEP 34 - Disallow
inferring dtype=object from sequences"
https://numpy.org/neps/nep-0034.html but it broke downstream packages
like scipy, pandas, matplotlib, astropy (those are the ones we know
about). Since then, the downstream projects seem to have fixed the
problematic code. We have re-merged the implementation. Please check
your package against the latest NumPy HEAD and let us know if there are
problems.

Re: Re-enable deprecation warning for "ragged arrays"

Charles R Harris

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 2:14 PM Matti Picus <[hidden email]> wrote:
A few months ago we merged an implementation of "NEP 34 - Disallow
inferring dtype=object from sequences"
https://numpy.org/neps/nep-0034.html but it broke downstream packages
like scipy, pandas, matplotlib, astropy (those are the ones we know
about). Since then, the downstream projects seem to have fixed the
problematic code. We have re-merged the implementation. Please check
your package against the latest NumPy HEAD and let us know if there are
problems.

I went ahead and pushed to numpy-wheels master to build new pre-release wheels. Scheduled builds don't make wheels for Windows so it is useful to make explicit pushes when new features need testing downstream.