Reminder: Numpy dev meeting Fri-Sat Nov 30-Dec 1

Reminder: Numpy dev meeting Fri-Sat Nov 30-Dec 1

mattip
We will be meeting at BIDS 9:00AM Friday for a two-day NumPy developer
meeting. All are welcome, if you haven't already please let Stefan know
you are coming so we can plan for space. A tentative schedule is here

https://hackmd.io/gFqjPUSvSmm-0gmBDbrTBw?both

Feel free to add content (just tag it with your name).

Tyler, Matti, Stefan.

Re: Reminder: Numpy dev meeting Fri-Sat Nov 30-Dec 1

einstein.edison
Hi everyone!

Just want to add that I’ll be available remotely for some of the time. You can reach me via email and we can set up a call.

Best Regards,
Hameer Abbasi

On Wednesday, Nov 28, 2018 at 10:15 PM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]> wrote:
We will be meeting at BIDS 9:00AM Friday for a two-day NumPy developer
meeting. All are welcome, if you haven't already please let Stefan know
you are coming so we can plan for space. A tentative schedule is here

https://hackmd.io/gFqjPUSvSmm-0gmBDbrTBw?both

Feel free to add content (just tag it with your name).

Tyler, Matti, Stefan.

Re: Reminder: Numpy dev meeting Fri-Sat Nov 30-Dec 1

Stefan van der Walt
On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 22:17:59 +0100, Hameer Abbasi wrote:
> Just want to add that I’ll be available remotely for some of the
> time. You can reach me via email and we can set up a call.

Thank you, Hameer!

Re: Reminder: Numpy dev meeting Fri-Sat Nov 30-Dec 1

teoliphant
I will be available remotely as well, but unable to come to BIDS this week.

I am particularly interested in how to improve the dtype subsystem --- potentially using libndtypes from the xnd project.

Thanks,

-Travis

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 17:34:51 -0600, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> I am particularly interested in how to improve the dtype subsystem ---
> potentially using libndtypes from the xnd project.

We'd love to hear your opinion on the matter, and can set up a Zoom call
for that purpose.  Please let me know off-list which between noon and
2pm California time works best.

Best regards,

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 4:35 PM Travis Oliphant <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will be available remotely as well, but unable to come to BIDS this week.

I am particularly interested in how to improve the dtype subsystem --- potentially using libndtypes from the xnd project.

That would be good. We are at a critical spot where, if we are not careful, there will be a proliferation of incompatible solutions. I believe that Quansight is doing some work that should possibly be part of NumPy.