Removal of some numpy files

While looking through the numpy tools directory I noticed some scripts that look outdated that might be candidates for removal:
  1. tools/numpy-macosx-installer/
  2. tools/win32build/

Does anyone know if either of those are stlll relevant?

Re: Removal of some numpy files

David Cournapeau
tools/win32build is used to build the so-called superpack installers, which we don't build anymore AFAIK

tools/numpy-macosx-installer is used to build the .dmg for numpy (also not used anymore AFAIK).

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Charles R Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

While looking through the numpy tools directory I noticed some scripts that look outdated that might be candidates for removal:
  1. tools/numpy-macosx-installer/
  2. tools/win32build/

Does anyone know if either of those are stlll relevant?

Re: Removal of some numpy files

Matthew Brett
On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 7:48 AM, David Cournapeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> tools/win32build is used to build the so-called superpack installers, which
> we don't build anymore AFAIK
>
> tools/numpy-macosx-installer is used to build the .dmg for numpy (also not
> used anymore AFAIK).

No, we aren't using the .dmg script anymore, dmg installers have been
fully replaced by wheels.

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: Removal of some numpy files

Charles R Harris

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 7:48 AM, David Cournapeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> tools/win32build is used to build the so-called superpack installers, which
> we don't build anymore AFAIK
>
> tools/numpy-macosx-installer is used to build the .dmg for numpy (also not
> used anymore AFAIK).

No, we aren't using the .dmg script anymore, dmg installers have been
fully replaced by wheels.

I've put up a PR, #8695 to do this.