Replacement for Rackspace

bashtage

The Rackspace hosted wheel endpoints at

https://7933911d6844c6c53a7d-47bd50c35cd79bd838daf386af554a83.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/

and

https://3f23b170c54c2533c070-1c8a9b3114517dc5fe17b7c3f8c63a43.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/

seem to not be working.  I know NumPy, SciPy, pandas and scikit-learn are all using a common end point on anacona.org.  Statsmodels is preparing for  release, and the wheel builder at https://github.com/MacPython/statsmodels-wheels is failing at upload.  Is there any shared resource for uploading nightlies and release wheels?  Or should we just use a separate account on anaconda.org?

Thanks,

Kevin

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 2:00 PM Kevin Sheppard <[hidden email]> wrote:

The Rackspace hosted wheel endpoints at

https://7933911d6844c6c53a7d-47bd50c35cd79bd838daf386af554a83.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/

and

https://3f23b170c54c2533c070-1c8a9b3114517dc5fe17b7c3f8c63a43.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/

seem to not be working.  I know NumPy, SciPy, pandas and scikit-learn are all using a common end point on anacona.org.  Statsmodels is preparing for  release, and the wheel builder at https://github.com/MacPython/statsmodels-wheels is failing at upload.  Is there any shared resource for uploading nightlies and release wheels?  Or should we just use a separate account on anaconda.org?

Copying the numpy-wheels Azure/TravisCI code for this should work, it's pretty concise, e.g.: https://github.com/MacPython/numpy-wheels/blob/master/azure/posix.yml#L87

Not sure about the account credentials, Matti would know.

Re: Replacement for Rackspace

mattip
Administrator

On 8/10/20 10:54 PM, Peter Wang wrote:

> FWIW, we're happy to provide wheel hosting for statsmodels on
> anaconda.org <http://anaconda.org>.
>
> -Peter
>
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 8:01 AM Kevin Sheppard
>
>     The Rackspace hosted wheel endpoints at
>
>     https://7933911d6844c6c53a7d-47bd50c35cd79bd838daf386af554a83.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/
>
>     and
>
>     https://3f23b170c54c2533c070-1c8a9b3114517dc5fe17b7c3f8c63a43.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/
>
>     seem to not be working.  I know NumPy, SciPy, pandas and
>     scikit-learn are all using a common end point on anacona.org
>     <http://anacona.org>. Statsmodels is preparing for  release, and
>     the wheel builder at
>     https://github.com/MacPython/statsmodels-wheels is failing at
>     upload.  Is there any shared resource for uploading nightlies and
>     release wheels?  Or should we just use a separate account on
>     anaconda.org <http://anaconda.org>?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Kevin

Thanks Peter, anaconda is generously hosting projects at
https://anaconda.org/scipy-wheels-nightly/ (for weekly development
releases that can be used to test downstream projects) and
https://anaconda.org/multibuild-wheels-staging (for staging wheels to be
tested for release on PyPI).

The trick is that CI needs a token so it can upload to those
organizations. Kevin, we can either add you to the groups you can create
a token, or one of the current members could create tokens and transport
them safely to Kevin. Please disucss it with me (or one of the other
members https://anaconda.org/multibuild-wheels-staging/groups).

Re: Replacement for Rackspace

Peter Cock
Hi Matti,

Is this an open invitation to the wider Numpy ecosystem? I am
interested on behalf of Biopython which was using the donated
Rackspace for multibuild wheel staging prior to PyPy release
(although having weekly test releases sounds interesting too).

I would be happy to continue this discussion off list if you prefer,

Thank you,

Peter

On 8/11/20 12:39 AM, Peter Cock wrote:
[...]

Matti

Yes, it is a general invitation. My mail is in the message.

I guess we should set up some kind of janitor task to remove older packages from the hosting space as usage goes up.

Staging Biopython wheels on Anaconda.org, was: Replacement for Rackspace

Peter Cock
Hi Matti,

If your offer still stands, I'd like to transition Biopython from the donated Rackspace storage to Anaconda as discussed a few weeks back.

I presume this means updating the WHEELHOUSE credentials in our multi-wheel repository, both for TravisCI and AppVeyor?

Do you need any other information from me, or the Biopython team?

Thank you,

Peter,
(On behalf of Biopython)