Should we transfer MacPython/numpy-wheels to the NumPy org?

Should we transfer MacPython/numpy-wheels to the NumPy org?

Seems that is pretty easy to transfer a github repo to another owner. Should we do this for the numpy-wheels repo? That would put all the management in one place and now might be a good time to do it before the 1.20.x branch.

Re: Should we transfer MacPython/numpy-wheels to the NumPy org?

Matthew Brett
Seems like a good idea.  It would need Matti or someone to set up the
various keys I think?

Re: Should we transfer MacPython/numpy-wheels to the NumPy org?

mattip
Administrator

On 10/29/20 5:42 AM, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Seems that is pretty easy to transfer a github repo to another owner.
> Should we do this for the numpy-wheels repo? That would put all the
> management in one place and now might be a good time to do it before
> the 1.20.x branch.
>
> Chuck

What is the goal? So far it is convenient that all the repos that upload
to https://anaconda.org/multibuild-wheels-staging are under one org to
coordinate upload token use.

Re: Should we transfer MacPython/numpy-wheels to the NumPy org?

Thomas Caswell
I agree with Matti that keeping at least the nightly wheel building / uploading for a bunch of projects all in on place makes sense.

Tom

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 4:00 AM Matti Picus <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 10/29/20 5:42 AM, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Seems that is pretty easy to transfer a github repo to another owner.
> Should we do this for the numpy-wheels repo? That would put all the
> management in one place and now might be a good time to do it before
> the 1.20.x branch.
>
> Chuck

What is the goal? So far it is convenient that all the repos that upload
to https://anaconda.org/multibuild-wheels-staging are under one org to
coordinate upload token use.

My thought was administration, which was triggered by the need to move to travis-ci.com. Note that the travis app shows up on the MacPython site, and apparently is available for scipy-wheels, but is not visible to numpy-wheels. My guess is that an owner of MacPython needs to add the repo and migrate it.

On 10/29/20 4:42 PM, Charles R Harris wrote:

My thought was administration, which was triggered by the need to move to travis-ci.com. Note that the travis app shows up on the MacPython site, and apparently is available for scipy-wheels, but is not visible to numpy-wheels. My guess is that an owner of MacPython needs to add the repo and migrate it.

Chuck

Done. https://travis-ci.com/github/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds

I also migrated openblas-libs.

If any of the other MacPython/* repos wish to migrate let me know.

Re: Should we transfer MacPython/numpy-wheels to the NumPy org?

bashtage

Hi Matti,

Could you migrate the statsmodels-wheels repo?

Thanks

Kevin

Re: Should we transfer MacPython/numpy-wheels to the NumPy org?

Gregory Lee

One case using multibuild-wheels-staging that is not currently under MacPython is https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image-wheels. We have not actually uploaded to multibuild-wheels-staging yet, but will be doing so when we build wheels for the upcoming 0.18 release.