Submit a BoF at SciPy 2018, before June 27!

Submit a BoF at SciPy 2018, before June 27!

Nelle Varoquaux
Dear all,

(apologies for the cross-posting)

The SciPy conference would like to invite you to submit proposals for Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions at this year's SciPy! BOFs usually include short presentations by a panel and a moderator with the bulk of the time spent opening up the discussion to everyone in attendance. BoF topics can be of general interest, such as state-of-the-project BoFs, or based on the themes of the conference and the mini-symposia topics

Please submit your proposals by June 27 here: https://scipy2018.scipy.org/ehome/299527/648142/

Past SciPy conferences have had a large variety of BOF sessions, including topics on Reproducibility, Jupyter Notebooks, Distributed Computing, Geospatial Packages in Python, Teaching Scientific Computing with Python, Python and Finance, NumFOCUS, Python in Astronomy, Collaborating and Contributing in Open Science, Education, and a Matplotlib Enhancement Proposal Discussion. Generally, if there is a topic where you think a number of people at SciPy will be interested, you should propose it!

Thanks,
Jess & Nelle