Updated numpy.random C-API

mattip
Administrator
Hi everyone,

We recently officially exposed and documented[0] the C-API side of
numpy.random. There are now working examples[3] of using numpy.random
from numba[1], cython[2], and cffi[5].

Please try this out before the 1.18 release by installing the latest
HEAD version and making sure the interfaces work for your use case.

There is an open issue[4] for exploring such use cases, but we need
feedback about where documentation is missing, where functionality falls
short, and help with sample code demonstrating any of the use cases not
yet explicitly tested.

Matti

[0] https://numpy.org/devdocs/reference/random/extending.html

[1] https://numpy.org/devdocs/reference/random/extending.html#numba