bz2

Charles Doutriaux
Hi,

Just so you know, yesterday i was doing some test on a fresh ubuntu
installation, trying to figure out the external minimum dependencies for
our system.

I built (from sources) python (2.5.2)  then numpy.

All seemed ok, but when importing numpy i had an error, trying to import
module bz2

Turns out Python didn't build with bz2 because the bz2 devel package
wasn't in.

I'm just reporting this to you guys, has you may want to add a test for
bz2 in your setup.py before going ahead and build the whole thing.

Hope this helps,

C.

Re: bz2

Robert Kern-2
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Charles Doutriaux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Just so you know, yesterday i was doing some test on a fresh ubuntu
>  installation, trying to figure out the external minimum dependencies for
>  our system.
>
>  I built (from sources) python (2.5.2)  then numpy.
>
>  All seemed ok, but when importing numpy i had an error, trying to import
>  module bz2

Fixed in r5040.