new absolute beginners tutorial merged

I think this is worth announcing: we have a new tutorial in the user guide titled "NumPy: the absolute basics for beginners". This was Anne Bonner's Season of Docs project, and it is a big step in the right direction for making are docs more accessible to new users.

Re: new absolute beginners tutorial merged

Alexander Baker
This looks really helpful, thanks to all those whom took the time to write. Alex b.

On 21 Jan 2020, at 19:19, Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I think this is worth announcing: we have a new tutorial in the user guide titled "NumPy: the absolute basics for beginners". This was Anne Bonner's Season of Docs project, and it is a big step in the right direction for making are docs more accessible to new users.

Re: new absolute beginners tutorial merged

Anne Bonner
What an exciting day!!! Thank you!

~Anne

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 2:20 PM alexander baker <[hidden email]> wrote:
This looks really helpful, thanks to all those whom took the time to write. Alex b.

On 21 Jan 2020, at 19:19, Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I think this is worth announcing: we have a new tutorial in the user guide titled "NumPy: the absolute basics for beginners". This was Anne Bonner's Season of Docs project, and it is a big step in the right direction for making are docs more accessible to new users.

Anne Bonner | Content Simplicity  | Making complicated concepts seem simple.

Re: new absolute beginners tutorial merged

Gael Varoquaux
This is great!!

Did someone tweet about this, so that I retweet? I'm happy crafting a
tweet myself, but I'd rather shine light on someone who deserves the
attention.

Thanks a lot to all involved, in the name of the community,

Gaël

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 03:20:06PM -0800, Anne Bonner wrote:
> What an exciting day!!! Thank you!

> ~Anne

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 2:20 PM alexander baker <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

>     This looks really helpful, thanks to all those whom took the time to write.
>     Alex b.

>     On 21 Jan 2020, at 19:19, Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:

>         Hi all,

>         I think this is worth announcing: we have a new tutorial in the user
>         guide titled "NumPy: the absolute basics for beginners". This was Anne
>         Bonner's Season of Docs project, and it is a big step in the right
>         direction for making are docs more accessible to new users.

>         Up at https://numpy.org/devdocs/user/absolute_beginners.html

>         Cheers,
>         Ralf

    Gael Varoquaux
    Research Director, INRIA  Visiting professor, McGill
    http://gael-varoquaux.info            http://twitter.com/GaelVaroquaux

Re: new absolute beginners tutorial merged

ralfgommers

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 1:13 AM Gael Varoquaux <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is great!!

Did someone tweet about this, so that I retweet? I'm happy crafting a
tweet myself, but I'd rather shine light on someone who deserves the
attention.

Thanks a lot to all involved, in the name of the community,

Gaël

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 03:20:06PM -0800, Anne Bonner wrote:
> What an exciting day!!! Thank you!

> ~Anne

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 2:20 PM alexander baker <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

>     This looks really helpful, thanks to all those whom took the time to write.
>     Alex b.

>     On 21 Jan 2020, at 19:19, Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:

>         Hi all,

>         I think this is worth announcing: we have a new tutorial in the user
>         guide titled "NumPy: the absolute basics for beginners". This was Anne
>         Bonner's Season of Docs project, and it is a big step in the right
>         direction for making are docs more accessible to new users.

>         Up at https://numpy.org/devdocs/user/absolute_beginners.html

>         Cheers,
>         Ralf

    Gael Varoquaux
    Research Director, INRIA              Visiting professor, McGill
    http://gael-varoquaux.info            http://twitter.com/GaelVaroquaux

Re: new absolute beginners tutorial merged

Gael Varoquaux
Thanks. Exactly what I needed. I don't know why I did not find it myself
:).

Cheers,

Gaël

--
    Gael Varoquaux
    Research Director, INRIA  Visiting professor, McGill
    http://gael-varoquaux.info            http://twitter.com/GaelVaroquaux

Re: new absolute beginners tutorial merged

Anne Bonner
Wow!!!! Thank you so much for the Twitter love! I am so grateful.

Thank you!!!
Anne