numpy C-API :: use numpy's random number generator in a ufunc

numpy C-API :: use numpy's random number generator in a ufunc

Daniel Knüttel
Hi folks,

I currently have a project that requires randomness in a ufunc.
In order to keep the ufuncs as reproducible as possible I would like to
use numpy's random number generator for that; basically because setting
the seed will be more intuitive this way.

However I cannot find the documentation of the numpy.random C-API (does
it have one?). How would one do that?

Daniel Knüttel <[hidden email]>

Re: numpy C-API :: use numpy's random number generator in a ufunc

mattip
Administrator
Hi Daniel. Usually one would use python, something like `rng =
np.random.Generator(np.random.PCG64(seed)); a = rng.uniform(10, size=(3,
4))` to get a 3 by 4 array of uniform random numbers in the range of 0 to
10. Is there a reason you need to do this from C?

Sent from: http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/