"Spring cleaning" sprint

we are planning to remote spring to try to reduce the number of open
PRs and issues, and do triage work.

This is planned for next Tuesday, October 14th, between 9:00 and 15:00
Pacific time. And everyone is invited to join in for as long as you
wish.

I assume we will have a video chat up and running at:
https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/762261535

However, we will send a reminder/logistics email when we start with the
sprint.

Re: "Spring cleaning" sprint

Zijie Poh
Hi Sebastian,

It is Tuesday October 15 or Monday October 14?

Regards,
ZJ

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 5:57 PM Sebastian Berg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

we are planning to remote spring to try to reduce the number of open
PRs and issues, and do triage work.

This is planned for next Tuesday, October 14th, between 9:00 and 15:00
Pacific time. And everyone is invited to join in for as long as you
wish.

I assume we will have a video chat up and running at:
https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/762261535

However, we will send a reminder/logistics email when we start with the
sprint.

Re: "Spring cleaning" sprint

Sebastian Berg
On Wed, 2019-10-09 at 21:26 -0700, Zijie Poh wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> It is Tuesday October 15 or Monday October 14?

Sorry, its Tuesday the 15th [0]. Monday is a holiday in California at
least.

[0] Probably happens to me because I am still used to weeks starting
with Monday and not Sunday (as my calendar now shows).

> Regards,
> ZJ
>
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 5:57 PM Sebastian Berg <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we are planning to remote spring to try to reduce the number of
> > open
> > PRs and issues, and do triage work.
> >
> > This is planned for next Tuesday, October 14th, between 9:00 and
> > 15:00
> > Pacific time. And everyone is invited to join in for as long as you
> > wish.
> >
> > I assume we will have a video chat up and running at:
> > https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/762261535
> >
> > However, we will send a reminder/logistics email when we start with
> > the
> > sprint.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Sebastian

Re: "Spring cleaning" sprint

Charles R Harris

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 10:44 PM Sebastian Berg <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 2019-10-09 at 21:26 -0700, Zijie Poh wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> It is Tuesday October 15 or Monday October 14?

Sorry, its Tuesday the 15th [0]. Monday is a holiday in California at
least.

[0] Probably happens to me because I am still used to weeks starting
with Monday and not Sunday (as my calendar now shows).

> Regards,
> ZJ
>
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 5:57 PM Sebastian Berg <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we are planning to remote spring to try to reduce the number of
> > open
> > PRs and issues, and do triage work.
> >
> > This is planned for next Tuesday, October 14th, between 9:00 and
> > 15:00
> > Pacific time. And everyone is invited to join in for as long as you
> > wish.
> >
> > I assume we will have a video chat up and running at:
> > https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/762261535
> >
> > However, we will send a reminder/logistics email when we start with
> > the
> > sprint.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Sebastian

I would like to suggest that we concentrate on the issues and PRs with the 1.18 milestone. The 1.18.0rc1 should come out sometime in the last half of November and hopefully the final release will be before the end of the year.

Re: "Spring cleaning" sprint

I have to see if that zoom link works, and we probably have to switch
over the day and need some place to write down things, so lets put any
updates here:

https://hackmd.io/kyMr_SHJTAaWsHQGRhJ7hQ

On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 14:15 +0000, Hameer Abbasi wrote:

> Is the meeting ongoing? I tried to join but there were no
> participants.
>
> On 10.10.19, 02:56, "NumPy-Discussion on behalf of Sebastian Berg" <
> numpy-discussion-bounces+einstein.edison=[hidden email] on
> behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     we are planning to remote spring to try to reduce the number of
> open
>     PRs and issues, and do triage work.
>
>     This is planned for next Tuesday, October 14th, between 9:00 and
> 15:00
>     Pacific time. And everyone is invited to join in for as long as
> you
>     wish.
>
>     I assume we will have a video chat up and running at:
>     https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/762261535
>
>     However, we will send a reminder/logistics email when we start
> with the
>     sprint.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Sebastian

Re: "Spring cleaning" sprint

Sorry for the confusion, we will be using this link:

https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/5416755993

On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 09:00 -0700, Sebastian Berg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have to see if that zoom link works, and we probably have to switch
> over the day and need some place to write down things, so lets put
> any
> updates here:
>
> https://hackmd.io/kyMr_SHJTAaWsHQGRhJ7hQ
>
> Best,
>
> Sebastian
>

> On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 14:15 +0000, Hameer Abbasi wrote:
> > Is the meeting ongoing? I tried to join but there were no
> > participants.
> >
> > On 10.10.19, 02:56, "NumPy-Discussion on behalf of Sebastian Berg"
> > <
> > numpy-discussion-bounces+einstein.edison=[hidden email] on
> > behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi all,
> >
> >     we are planning to remote spring to try to reduce the number of
> > open
> >     PRs and issues, and do triage work.
> >
> >     This is planned for next Tuesday, October 14th, between 9:00
> > and
> > 15:00
> >     Pacific time. And everyone is invited to join in for as long as
> > you
> >     wish.
> >
> >     I assume we will have a video chat up and running at:
> >     https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/762261535
> >
> >     However, we will send a reminder/logistics email when we start
> > with the
> >     sprint.
> >
> >     Cheers,
> >
> >     Sebastian

Re: "Spring cleaning" sprint

Thanks everyone who joined in today!

Together with Brigitta, ZJ, Eric, and the crowd from BIDS, today 15 PRs
were opened and 18 (also old ones) merged in total. Including
unsticking a few trickier ones.

While we did not look into triaging old issues much (aside form looking
at release Blockers for 1.18) 16 issues were closed.

And there are still a couple of PRs hanging which can get wrapped up
soon.