rackspace ssl certificates

I've been trying to put out the NumPy 1.15.0rc1, but cannot get `numpy-wheels` to upload the wheels to rackspace on windows, there is a certification problem. I note that that requirement was supposedly disabled:

 on_success:
  # Upload the generated wheel package to Rackspace
  # On Windows, Apache Libcloud cannot find a standard CA cert bundle so we
  # disable the ssl checks.

and nothing relevant seems to have changed in our `.appveyor.yml` since the last successful run 7 days ago, 6 if we count 1.14.5, so I'm thinking a policy has changed at either at rackspace or appveyor, but that is just a guess. I'm experimenting with various changes to the script and the `apache-libcloud` version to see if I can get success, but thought I'd ask if anyone knew anything that might be helpful.

Re: rackspace ssl certificates

Charles R Harris

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think Matthew Brett needs to fix this.

That would be nice, but I'm not convinced it is helpful :) I note that latest `apache-libcloud` does not install directly on windows, there seem to be some missing dependencies.

<snip>

Re: rackspace ssl certificates

Matthew Brett
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 9:42 PM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I think Matthew Brett needs to fix this.
>

> That would be nice, but I'm not convinced it is helpful :) I note that
> latest `apache-libcloud` does not install directly on windows, there seem to
> be some missing dependencies.>

I'm happy to give it a go - Chuck - can I cancel the various builds
running on my account, so I can do some debugging.

Cheers,

Matthew

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I think Matthew Brett needs to fix this.
>

> That would be nice, but I'm not convinced it is helpful :) I note that
> latest `apache-libcloud` does not install directly on windows, there seem to
> be some missing dependencies.>

I'm happy to give it a go - Chuck - can I cancel the various builds
running on my account, so I can do some debugging.

Absolutely! Nuke those suckers ...

Matthew

Re: rackspace ssl certificates

Matthew Brett
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 9:42 PM, Charles R Harris
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > That would be nice, but I'm not convinced it is helpful :) I note that
>> > latest `apache-libcloud` does not install directly on windows, there
>> > seem to
>> > be some missing dependencies.>
>>
>> I'm happy to give it a go - Chuck - can I cancel the various builds
>> running on my account, so I can do some debugging.
>

> Absolutely! Nuke those suckers ...

Hmm - I just tried installing certifi to get the SSL certificates, and
removed --no-ssl-check.  I wonder if something changed in the
Rackspace protocols, or something.

In case it's useful, I'm using a little repo that runs an Appveyor job
then drops into an RDP server for me to log into, with the relevant
bit here:

https://github.com/matthew-brett/appvfutz/blob/master/appveyor.yml#L24

See: https://www.gep13.co.uk/blog/how-to-use-appveyor-remote-desktop-connection

That said, maybe the fix doesn't work, let's wait on the builds.

Cheers,

Matthew

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 9:42 PM, Charles R Harris
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > That would be nice, but I'm not convinced it is helpful :) I note that
>> > latest `apache-libcloud` does not install directly on windows, there
>> > seem to
>> > be some missing dependencies.>
>>
>> I'm happy to give it a go - Chuck - can I cancel the various builds
>> running on my account, so I can do some debugging.
>

> Absolutely! Nuke those suckers ...

Hmm - I just tried installing certifi to get the SSL certificates, and
removed --no-ssl-check.  I wonder if something changed in the
Rackspace protocols, or something.

In case it's useful, I'm using a little repo that runs an Appveyor job
then drops into an RDP server for me to log into, with the relevant
bit here:

https://github.com/matthew-brett/appvfutz/blob/master/appveyor.yml#L24

See: https://www.gep13.co.uk/blog/how-to-use-appveyor-remote-desktop-connection

That said, maybe the fix doesn't work, let's wait on the builds.

Looks like that fixes the problem. Probably scipy-wheels will need that fix also. Do you know if new wheels with the same name will overwrite the old ones? ISTR that that is the case.

BTW, there don't seem to be any nightly builds, does something need reconfiguration?

Re: rackspace ssl certificates

Matthew Brett
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:44 AM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Charles R Harris
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Absolutely! Nuke those suckers ...
>>
>> Hmm - I just tried installing certifi to get the SSL certificates, and
>> removed --no-ssl-check.  I wonder if something changed in the
>> Rackspace protocols, or something.
>>
>> In case it's useful, I'm using a little repo that runs an Appveyor job
>> then drops into an RDP server for me to log into, with the relevant
>> bit here:
>>
>> https://github.com/matthew-brett/appvfutz/blob/master/appveyor.yml#L24
>>
>> See:
>> https://www.gep13.co.uk/blog/how-to-use-appveyor-remote-desktop-connection
>>
>> That said, maybe the fix doesn't work, let's wait on the builds.
>>

> Looks like that fixes the problem. Probably scipy-wheels will need that fix
> also.

I put it in.

> Do you know if new wheels with the same name will overwrite the old
> ones? ISTR that that is the case.

Right - they overwrite the old ones.

> BTW, there don't seem to be any nightly builds, does something need
> reconfiguration?

For Appveyor?  You need a cron-enabled account.  My account is
enabled, I just emailed the appveyor support with my username, and an
explanation.  Maybe worth doing the same for the numpy account?
Thereafter, you can just enter the cron time string in the settings,
to enable daily builds.

Cheers,

Matthew

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Charles R Harris
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Absolutely! Nuke those suckers ...
>>
>> Hmm - I just tried installing certifi to get the SSL certificates, and
>> removed --no-ssl-check.  I wonder if something changed in the
>> Rackspace protocols, or something.
>>
>> In case it's useful, I'm using a little repo that runs an Appveyor job
>> then drops into an RDP server for me to log into, with the relevant
>> bit here:
>>
>> https://github.com/matthew-brett/appvfutz/blob/master/appveyor.yml#L24
>>
>> See:
>> https://www.gep13.co.uk/blog/how-to-use-appveyor-remote-desktop-connection
>>
>> That said, maybe the fix doesn't work, let's wait on the builds.
>>

> Looks like that fixes the problem. Probably scipy-wheels will need that fix
> also.

I put it in.

> Do you know if new wheels with the same name will overwrite the old
> ones? ISTR that that is the case.

Right - they overwrite the old ones.

> BTW, there don't seem to be any nightly builds, does something need
> reconfiguration?

For Appveyor?  You need a cron-enabled account.  My account is
enabled, I just emailed the appveyor support with my username, and an
explanation.  Maybe worth doing the same for the numpy account?
Thereafter, you can just enter the cron time string in the settings,
to enable daily builds.

What I was curious about is that there were no more "daily" builds of master.

Re: rackspace ssl certificates

Matthew Brett
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 4:57 AM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:44 AM, Charles R Harris
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Looks like that fixes the problem. Probably scipy-wheels will need that
>> > fix
>> > also.
>>
>> I put it in.
>>
>> > Do you know if new wheels with the same name will overwrite the old
>> > ones? ISTR that that is the case.
>>
>> Right - they overwrite the old ones.
>>
>> > BTW, there don't seem to be any nightly builds, does something need
>> > reconfiguration?
>>
>> For Appveyor?  You need a cron-enabled account.  My account is
>> enabled, I just emailed the appveyor support with my username, and an
>> explanation.  Maybe worth doing the same for the numpy account?
>> Thereafter, you can just enter the cron time string in the settings,
>> to enable daily builds.
>>

> What I was curious about is that there were no more "daily" builds of
> master.

Is that right?  That there were daily builds of master, on Appveyor?
I don't know how those worked, I only recently got cron permission ...

Cheers,

Matthew

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 4:57 AM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:44 AM, Charles R Harris
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Looks like that fixes the problem. Probably scipy-wheels will need that
>> > fix
>> > also.
>>
>> I put it in.
>>
>> > Do you know if new wheels with the same name will overwrite the old
>> > ones? ISTR that that is the case.
>>
>> Right - they overwrite the old ones.
>>
>> > BTW, there don't seem to be any nightly builds, does something need
>> > reconfiguration?
>>
>> For Appveyor?  You need a cron-enabled account.  My account is
>> enabled, I just emailed the appveyor support with my username, and an
>> explanation.  Maybe worth doing the same for the numpy account?
>> Thereafter, you can just enter the cron time string in the settings,
>> to enable daily builds.
>>

> What I was curious about is that there were no more "daily" builds of
> master.

Is that right?  That there were daily builds of master, on Appveyor?
I don't know how those worked, I only recently got cron permission ...

No, but there used to be daily builds on travis. They stopped 8 days ago, https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds.

Re: rackspace ssl certificates

mattip
On 19/06/18 09:58, Charles R Harris wrote:
> What I was curious about is that there were no more "daily" builds of
> master.

Is that right?  That there were daily builds of master, on Appveyor?
I don't know how those worked, I only recently got cron permission ...

No, but there used to be daily builds on travis. They stopped 8 days ago, https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds.

Chuck
maybe one of these commits https://github.com/MacPython/numpy-wheels/commits/daily

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 6:27 PM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 19/06/18 09:58, Charles R Harris wrote:
>>
>> > What I was curious about is that there were no more "daily" builds of
>> > master.
>>
>> Is that right?  That there were daily builds of master, on Appveyor?
>> I don't know how those worked, I only recently got cron permission ...
>

> No, but there used to be daily builds on travis. They stopped 8 days ago,
> https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds.

Oops - yes - sorry - I retired the 'daily' branch, in favor of
'master', but forgot to update the Travis-CI settings.

Done now.

Cheers,

Matthew

On 19/06/18 10:57, Matthew Brett wrote:

> Hi,

>>> Is that right?  That there were daily builds of master, on Appveyor?
>>> I don't know how those worked, I only recently got cron permission ...
>>
>> No, but there used to be daily builds on travis. They stopped 8 days ago,
>> https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds.
> Oops - yes - sorry - I retired the 'daily' branch, in favor of
> 'master', but forgot to update the Travis-CI settings.
>
> Done now.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matthew

FWIW, still no daily builds at

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:43 PM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 19/06/18 10:57, Matthew Brett wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 6:27 PM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> No, but there used to be daily builds on travis. They stopped 8 days ago,
>>> https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds.
>>
>> Oops - yes - sorry - I retired the 'daily' branch, in favor of
>> 'master', but forgot to update the Travis-CI settings.
>>
>> Done now.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matthew
>>
> FWIW, still no daily builds at
> https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds

You mean, some days there appears to be no build?  The build matrix
does show Cron-triggered jobs, the last of which was a few hours ago:
https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds/397008012

Cheers,

Matthew

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 3:55 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:43 PM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 19/06/18 10:57, Matthew Brett wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 6:27 PM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> No, but there used to be daily builds on travis. They stopped 8 days ago,
>>> https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds.
>>
>> Oops - yes - sorry - I retired the 'daily' branch, in favor of
>> 'master', but forgot to update the Travis-CI settings.
>>
>> Done now.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matthew
>>
> FWIW, still no daily builds at
> https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds

You mean, some days there appears to be no build?  The build matrix
does show Cron-triggered jobs, the last of which was a few hours ago:
https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds/397008012

Cheers,

Matthew

The cron wheels are getting built and tested, but they aren't uploading to rackspace.

Re: rackspace ssl certificates

Matthew Brett
On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:31 PM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 3:55 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:43 PM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>> > FWIW, still no daily builds at
>> > https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds
>>
>> You mean, some days there appears to be no build?  The build matrix
>> does show Cron-triggered jobs, the last of which was a few hours ago:
>> https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds/397008012
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matthew
>

> The cron wheels are getting built and tested, but they aren't uploading to
> rackspace.

The cron wheels go to the "pre" container at
https://7933911d6844c6c53a7d-47bd50c35cd79bd838daf386af554a83.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com

Cheers,

Matthew

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 3:55 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:43 PM, Matti Picus <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>> > FWIW, still no daily builds at
>> > https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds
>>
>> You mean, some days there appears to be no build?  The build matrix
>> does show Cron-triggered jobs, the last of which was a few hours ago:
>> https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/numpy-wheels/builds/397008012
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matthew
>

> The cron wheels are getting built and tested, but they aren't uploading to
> rackspace.

The cron wheels go to the "pre" container at
https://7933911d6844c6c53a7d-47bd50c35cd79bd838daf386af554a83.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com

Ah, there they are ... except ... you cancelled the builds I was waiting for :) I was building wheels so we could have folks test the DLL load problem, which I'm pretty sure if fixed anyway, so I suppose waiting on the daily isn't a big a deal.

Re: rackspace ssl certificates

Matthew Brett
On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 12:36 AM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:31 PM, Charles R Harris
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > The cron wheels are getting built and tested, but they aren't uploading
>> > rackspace.
>>
>> The cron wheels go to the "pre" container at
>>
>> https://7933911d6844c6c53a7d-47bd50c35cd79bd838daf386af554a83.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com
>>

> Ah, there they are ... except ... you cancelled the builds I was waiting for
> :) I was building wheels so we could have folks test the DLL load problem,
> which I'm pretty sure if fixed anyway, so I suppose waiting on the daily
> isn't a big a deal.

Oh - sorry - I was rushing to get 1.14.5 wheels built.  Can you
retrigger the builds?  Do you want me to?

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: rackspace ssl certificates

Charles R Harris
Not to worry, I'll just wait on the daily.