rescuing missing data documents

Recently a few people (Tyler, Matti, myself, maybe others?) were discussing the history of missing data in the context of custom dtypes. I mentioned that there was a good write-up, but couldn't find it at the time. I just stumbled across it, it's hidden in the numpy.org repo:

That document further references two alternative NEPs that didn't make it into our repo:
1. https://gist.github.com/njsmith/1056379 (authors Matthew Brett, Nathaniel Smith),
2. https://gist.github.com/njsmith/1068264 (author Nathaniel Smith),

I'd like to see the NEPs rescued, and the summary moved from the numpy.org repo (maybe into yet another NEP?). It would be best if the original authors do this, but otherwise I'm happy to do it. Thoughts?

Re: rescuing missing data documents

Stefan van der Walt
On September 2, 2018 06:16:36 Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd like to see the NEPs rescued, and the summary moved from the numpy.org repo (maybe into yet another NEP?). It would be best if the original authors do this, but otherwise I'm happy to do it. Thoughts?

I think this is an excellent suggestion.  A lot of recollections like these live in various community members' heads only (some of them no longer involved), so I'd love to see that history more carefully reconstructed. And the longer we leave it, the harder the detective work becomes!

Best regards,

Re: rescuing missing data documents

Makes sense to me