scipy dependency in numpy?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

scipy dependency in numpy?

Charles R Harris
Failed importing /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/ma/tests/test_morestats.py: No module named scipy.stats.distributions.

Chuck


_______________________________________________
Numpy-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scipy dependency in numpy?

Robert Kern-2
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Failed importing
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/ma/tests/test_morestats.py: No module
> named scipy.stats.distributions.

This has been removed in SVN.

--
Robert Kern

"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless
enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as
though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco
_______________________________________________
Numpy-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scipy dependency in numpy?

Charles R Harris


On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Robert Kern <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Failed importing
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/ma/tests/test_morestats.py: No module
> named scipy.stats.distributions.

This has been removed in SVN.

Not in 1.1.0.dev5211, which is the latest. Where are people making these fixes? Note that ticket 770 has also been reopened.

Chuck



_______________________________________________
Numpy-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scipy dependency in numpy?

Pierre GM-2
On Wednesday 21 May 2008 14:28:34 Charles R Harris wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Robert Kern <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Charles R Harris
> >
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Failed importing
> > > /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/ma/tests/test_morestats.py: No
> >
> > module
> >
> > > named scipy.stats.distributions.
> >
> > This has been removed in SVN.
>
> Not in 1.1.0.dev5211, which is the latest.
???
http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/5078



_______________________________________________
Numpy-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scipy dependency in numpy?

Jarrod Millman
In reply to this post by Charles R Harris
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Not in 1.1.0.dev5211, which is the latest.

It isn't in the trunk.  Maybe you have the old file still installed.
Please try removing the installed files and reinstall.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
Computational Infrastructure for Research Labs
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley
phone: 510.643.4014
http://cirl.berkeley.edu/
_______________________________________________
Numpy-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scipy dependency in numpy?

Charles R Harris
In reply to this post by Charles R Harris


On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Charles R Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Robert Kern <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Failed importing
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/ma/tests/test_morestats.py: No module
> named scipy.stats.distributions.

This has been removed in SVN.

Not in 1.1.0.dev5211, which is the latest. Where are people making these fixes? Note that ticket 770 has also been reopened.

OK, I had to delete numpy from the site-packages and reinstall. Can we make the install do this? Otherwise we will end up with bogus error reports.

Chuck



_______________________________________________
Numpy-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scipy dependency in numpy?

Charles R Harris
In reply to this post by Pierre GM-2


On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Pierre GM <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wednesday 21 May 2008 14:28:34 Charles R Harris wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Robert Kern <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Charles R Harris
> >
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Failed importing
> > > /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/ma/tests/test_morestats.py: No
> >
> > module
> >
> > > named scipy.stats.distributions.
> >
> > This has been removed in SVN.
>
> Not in 1.1.0.dev5211, which is the latest.
 
And why this in ma/tests/test_core.py

set_local_path()
from test_old_ma import *
restore_path()

and test_core then proceeds to shadow all the test classes in test_old_ma. That's just silly.

Chuck



_______________________________________________
Numpy-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scipy dependency in numpy?

Robert Kern-2
In reply to this post by Charles R Harris
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> OK, I had to delete numpy from the site-packages and reinstall. Can we make
> the install do this? Otherwise we will end up with bogus error reports.

That's not really feasible in distutils, no.

--
Robert Kern

"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless
enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as
though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco
_______________________________________________
Numpy-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: scipy dependency in numpy?

Jarrod Millman
In reply to this post by Charles R Harris
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Charles R Harris
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> And why this in ma/tests/test_core.py
>
> set_local_path()
> from test_old_ma import *
> restore_path()
>
> and test_core then proceeds to shadow all the test classes in test_old_ma.
> That's just silly.

Let's just leave this for the moment.  As soon as we get 1.1.0 out, we
are going to switch to the nose testing framework in the 1.2
development series.  We can clean up the tests there.

--
Jarrod Millman
Computational Infrastructure for Research Labs
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley
phone: 510.643.4014
http://cirl.berkeley.edu/
_______________________________________________
Numpy-discussion mailing list
[hidden email]
http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion